- Xanthan is amultiple natural sugar considered as a fiber for the human body.
- Xanthan is used by the food industry among other things as gelling agents, and thickeners.
- In Europe you can find Xanthan under the name E 415.
- By its gelling ability and the ability to thicken water, gel-like masses can be formed as soon as xanthanum is mixed with water or other liquids.
- Xanthan is readily soluble in water, bases and acids.
- The viscosity of the xanthanum can be temporarily reduced by stirring, but xanthan gels are relatively stable even under the action of heat.
- In fruit juices, the suspended solids are finely dispersed in the liquid by the addition of xanthanum